Friday, April 18, 2008

New Top Speed

Okay so I haven't beaten my top Moth speed, but I have managed a new personal best in a 2.4m. Surfing in big waves yesterday I managed to get to 11.4 knots! which was pretty good considering the hull speed of a 2.4m is 3.8knots!

We are sure Helena got up to nearer 15k when she got surfing towards Richard Langdon who was doing a photo shoot, and she got caught in his rib wake as well, and had a near miss with the outboard. It is a great video! Surely to appear on a Volvo Sailing podcast soon.


My view from onboard.

Helena Lucas mid surf, digging a big hole in the water.


Launching off a wave!

3 comments:

Sergio said...

Amazing photos!!!

I'm an Italian 2.4 sailor an I would like to know if I can use this photos for an article to be published in my italian blog.

Adam said...

Hi there Sergio, yes you can use those photos. No problem.

Sergio said...

Tank's :-)